[ANNOUNCE] Velocity Engine 2.0 RC5 test build available
A new test build of Velocity Engine 2.0 is available (RC5).
No determination as to the quality ('alpha,' 'beta,' or 'GA') of
Velocity Engine 2.0 has been made, and at this time it is simply a "test
build". We welcome any comments you may have, and will take all feedback
into account if a quality vote is called for this build.
A vote regarding the quality of this test build will be initiated within
the next couple of days.
Release Candidates changelog:
RC1: initial candidate
RC3: review SLF4J Logger names (instead of a single logger named
"Velocity", have a hierarchy of loggers with a base of
RC4: minor fixes
* the default encoding is now UTF-8 (and not the platform default)
* commons-collections is not any more a compilation dependency
* commons-lang3 dependency is not any more shaded
* the configuration API doesn't reference ExtProperties
* the events API has been optimized and reviewed: all events do
receive the current Context
* there has been a few optimizations in ASTStringLiteral rendering