Quantcast

Fwd: Loading template file

Arshad Ali Sayed
Hi,
I am loading *.vm *template file in my project. I have saved that file as
*abcd.vm*. whenever I am calling that file as Abcd.vm or AbCd.vm or any way
with changing the cases of characters its getting called and loads. Does
apache velocity ignores the cases of characters?

can anyone please let me know why this is happening ?

Thanks
Arshad

Re: Loading template file

Mike Kienenberger
As far as I know, case sensitivity depends on your filesystem
(operating system) and not on Velocity.

Windows and Mac OS X are case-insensitive.   UNIX-based file systems
are generally case-sensitive, although not all.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Arshad Ali Sayed
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am loading *.vm *template file in my project. I have saved that file as
> *abcd.vm*. whenever I am calling that file as Abcd.vm or AbCd.vm or any way
> with changing the cases of characters its getting called and loads. Does
> apache velocity ignores the cases of characters?
>
> can anyone please let me know why this is happening ?
>
> Thanks
> Arshad

Re: Loading template file

Christopher Schultz-2
Mike,

On 9/1/15 8:51 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> As far as I know, case sensitivity depends on your filesystem
> (operating system) and not on Velocity.
>
> Windows and Mac OS X are case-insensitive.   UNIX-based file systems
> are generally case-sensitive, although not all.

It's worth pointing out that:

a) Mac OS X is UNIX-based

and

b) Mac OS X's default filesystem is case-insensitive, but it can be
changed to case-sensitive

But /I/ sure was surprised to find out that Mac OS X defaulted to a
case-insensitive filesystem.

-chris

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Arshad Ali Sayed
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am loading *.vm *template file in my project. I have saved that file as
>> *abcd.vm*. whenever I am calling that file as Abcd.vm or AbCd.vm or any way
>> with changing the cases of characters its getting called and loads. Does
>> apache velocity ignores the cases of characters?
>>
>> can anyone please let me know why this is happening ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Arshad

Re: Loading template file

Mike Kienenberger
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Christopher Schultz
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> b) Mac OS X's default filesystem is case-insensitive, but it can be
> changed to case-sensitive
>
> But /I/ sure was surprised to find out that Mac OS X defaulted to a
> case-insensitive filesystem.

Yes, I was shocked to find out myself.  I hit issues with that a month
ago not realizing that it was case-insensitive.