[Jakarta-velocity Wiki] Update of "VelocityAndSpringStepByStep" by ShinobuKawaiYoshida

[Jakarta-velocity Wiki] Update of "VelocityAndSpringStepByStep" by ShinobuKawaiYoshida

Apache Wiki
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-velocity Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ShinobuKawaiYoshida:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/VelocityAndSpringStepByStep

The comment on the change is:
Done with Part 2 for now...

  = Part 2 - Developing and Configuring the Application =

- TODO: create content
+ TODO: Think of a better way to do Step 13.  :(

  == Step 13 - Improve index.jsp ==

Re: [Jakarta-velocity Wiki] Update of "VelocityAndSpringStepByStep" by ShinobuKawaiYoshida

Will Glass-Husain
Here's a suggestion -

If you're writing the Spring/Velocity article, be sure to include a useful
Tool.  That's a major advantage of Velocity over JSPs I've found (right now
I'm building an app in Spring/JSP 2 and one in Spring/Velocity
simultaneously).  It's really nice to be able to call a method.

Best, WILL

> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-velocity
> Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by ShinobuKawaiYoshida:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/VelocityAndSpringStepByStep
>
> The comment on the change is:
> Done with Part 2 for now...

>  = Part 2 - Developing and Configuring the Application =
>
> - TODO: create content
> + TODO: Think of a better way to do Step 13.  :(
>
>  == Step 13 - Improve index.jsp ==

Re: [Jakarta-velocity Wiki] Update of "VelocityAndSpringStepByStep" by ShinobuKawaiYoshida

Shinobu Kawai
Hi Will,

> Here's a suggestion -
>
> If you're writing the Spring/Velocity article, be sure to include a useful
> Tool.  That's a major advantage of Velocity over JSPs I've found (right now
> I'm building an app in Spring/JSP 2 and one in Spring/Velocity
> simultaneously).  It's really nice to be able to call a method.

Thanks for the tip.  This page's main objective is to parallel with
the current step-by-step document.  Guess I'll make a new page for
using tools with Spring/Velocity, once I dig in further on it.  :)

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--
Shinobu Kawai <[hidden email]>