Java classes in SOLR 4.9's Velocity

Philippe de Rochambeau
Hi,

is there a way to use Java classes in SOLR 4.9's Velocity Engine?

If so, how?

Thanks.

Philippe

Re: Java classes in SOLR 4.9's Velocity

Erik Hatcher-4
What are you trying to do?  May be best to inquire on the Solr list for this aspect.

You can use standard Velocity templating on the objects and tools exposed, and that’s about it.  What exactly are your needs?

The Solr stuff is documented here, with it being updated for the Solr 5 version (releasing today!), so slightly different from previous versions but not by much: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Response+Writers#ResponseWriters-VelocityResponseWriter <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Response+Writers#ResponseWriters-VelocityResponseWriter>

Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect
http://www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 11:19 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to use Java classes in SOLR 4.9's Velocity Engine?
>
> If so, how?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Philippe

Re: Java classes in SOLR 4.9's Velocity

Philippe de Rochambeau

I was thinking of doing the string-manipulation stuff I currently carry out in my templates [and which pollutes them], in a Java object, especially when the appropriate tools is missing (e.g., $display).