[VOTE] Engine 2.0 RC8 Release quality

Claude Brisson-2
The Velocity Engine 2.0 RC8 is available.

Main change since the RC6 is a rewrite of the methods disambiguation
algorithm. RC7 needed a bugfix and didn't reach the vote.

Release notes:

*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.0/release-notes.html

  * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.0/

Maven 2 staging repository:

  *
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevelocity-1019

If you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond with a
vote on its quality:

  [ ] Leave at test build
  [ ] Alpha
  [ ] Beta
  [ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

   Claude

Re: [VOTE] Engine 2.0 RC8 Release quality

Claude Brisson-2
Here's my vote.

  [ ] Leave at test build
  [ ] Alpha
  [ ] Beta
  [x] General Availability (GA)

On 01/05/2017 18:50, Claude Brisson wrote:

> The Velocity Engine 2.0 RC8 is available.
>
> Main change since the RC6 is a rewrite of the methods disambiguation
> algorithm. RC7 needed a bugfix and didn't reach the vote.
>
> Release notes:
>
> *
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.0/release-notes.html

>  * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.0/
>
> Maven 2 staging repository:
>
>  *
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevelocity-1019
>
> If you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond with
> a vote on its quality:
>
>  [ ] Leave at test build
>  [ ] Alpha
>  [ ] Beta
>  [ ] General Availability (GA)
>

> Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
> members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
> three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.
>

>   Claude

Re: [VOTE] Engine 2.0 RC8 Release quality

Nathan Bubna
On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Claude Brisson <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  [ ] Leave at test build
>  [ ] Alpha
>  [ ] Beta
>  [X ] General Availability (GA)

Re: [VOTE] Engine 2.0 RC8 Release quality

Greg Huber
 Works well for me.  Thanks.

 [ ] Leave at test build
 [ ] Alpha
 [ ] Beta
 [x] General Availability (GA)

+1 (nb)

On 1 May 2017 at 17:50, Claude Brisson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Velocity Engine 2.0 RC8 is available.
>
> Main change since the RC6 is a rewrite of the methods disambiguation
> algorithm. RC7 needed a bugfix and didn't reach the vote.
>
> Release notes:
>
> * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-eng
> ine/2.0/release-notes.html

>  * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.0/
>
> Maven 2 staging repository:
>
>  * https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapache
> velocity-1019
>
> If you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond with a
> vote on its quality:
>
>  [ ] Leave at test build
>  [ ] Alpha
>  [ ] Beta
>  [ ] General Availability (GA)
>

> Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC members
> are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding
> +1s and more +1s than -1s.
>

>   Claude

Re: [VOTE] Engine 2.0 RC8 Release quality

Michael Osipov
Am 2017-05-01 um 18:50 schrieb Claude Brisson:
> The Velocity Engine 2.0 RC8 is available.

>  [ ] Leave at test build
>  [ ] Alpha
>  [ ] Beta
>  [X] General Availability (GA)

Good work!

[RESULT] [VOTE] Engine 2.0 RC8 Release quality

Claude Brisson-2
Result:

Two binding votes and two non-binding votes for GA.

While at least two PMCs did express their will to vote, a user raised an
issue about the DataSourceResourceLoader [1] before they do so.

So let's hit the road again for another RC.

   Claude

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-880

On 01/05/2017 18:50, Claude Brisson wrote:

> The Velocity Engine 2.0 RC8 is available.
>
> Main change since the RC6 is a rewrite of the methods disambiguation
> algorithm. RC7 needed a bugfix and didn't reach the vote.
>
> Release notes:
>
> *
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.0/release-notes.html

>  * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.0/
>
> Maven 2 staging repository:
>
>  *
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevelocity-1019
>
> If you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond with
> a vote on its quality:
>
>  [ ] Leave at test build
>  [ ] Alpha
>  [ ] Beta
>  [ ] General Availability (GA)
>

> Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
> members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
> three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.
>

>   Claude

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Engine 2.0 RC8 Release quality

Michael Osipov
Am 2017-06-17 um 11:46 schrieb Claude Brisson:

> Result:
>
> Two binding votes and two non-binding votes for GA.
>
> While at least two PMCs did express their will to vote, a user raised an
> issue about the DataSourceResourceLoader [1] before they do so.
>
> So let's hit the road again for another RC.
>
>   Claude
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-880

Salut Claude,

unfortunately I wasn't able to perform any tests and I won't have access
to those database instances before the end of the month. Were you able
to test anything?

Michael

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Engine 2.0 RC8 Release quality

Claude Brisson-2
I should be able to find the time, yes.

   Claude

On 18/06/2017 10:46, Michael Osipov wrote:

> Am 2017-06-17 um 11:46 schrieb Claude Brisson:
>> Result:
>>
>> Two binding votes and two non-binding votes for GA.
>>
>> While at least two PMCs did express their will to vote, a user raised an
>> issue about the DataSourceResourceLoader [1] before they do so.
>>
>> So let's hit the road again for another RC.
>>
>>   Claude
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-880
>
> Salut Claude,
>
> unfortunately I wasn't able to perform any tests and I won't have
> access to those database instances before the end of the month. Were
> you able to test anything?
>
> Michael

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Engine 2.0 RC8 Release quality

Greg Huber
Maybe bump commons-lang3 to 3.6?  Just released in June.

Cheers Greg