can't get the strutslinktool to work.

marc-2
I have just started playing with velocity and struts.

But got a problem with the setAction in strutslinktool. Every time I try
to use it just fills in blanks. That be in a link or in a form. Just BLANK.

I can use the  setForward just fin.

Any ideas?

/best regards Marc

Re: can't get the strutslinktool to work.

Shinobu Kawai
Hi Marc,

> I have just started playing with velocity and struts.
>
> But got a problem with the setAction in strutslinktool. Every time I try
> to use it just fills in blanks. That be in a link or in a form. Just BLANK.
>
> I can use the  setForward just fin.
>
> Any ideas?

Which versions of Struts/VelocityTools are you using?  For Struts 1.2,
you need VelocityTools 1.2, which is still under development.
   http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/velocity-tools/

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--
Shinobu Kawai <[hidden email]>

Re: can't get the strutslinktool to work.

marc-2
Well that might be it. Thank you will try it out.

/regards

Shinobu Kawai wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>

>>I have just started playing with velocity and struts.
>>
>>But got a problem with the setAction in strutslinktool. Every time I try
>>to use it just fills in blanks. That be in a link or in a form. Just BLANK.
>>
>>I can use the  setForward just fin.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>

> Which versions of Struts/VelocityTools are you using?  For Struts 1.2,
> you need VelocityTools 1.2, which is still under development.
>    http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/velocity-tools/
>
> Best regards,
> -- Shinobu
>
> --
> Shinobu Kawai <[hidden email]>

Re: can't get the strutslinktool to work.

marc-2
Well tryed it did't work. It still puts in blanks.

This for example:
<form action="$link.setAction("/DBafdslet")>

Will porduce this in my htmlpage:

<form action="/HelpDesk>

As you can see not apending /DBafdslet after /HelpDesk. Is this a common
problem, or is it just that can't get it to work?

PS using struts 1.2.4 and have tryed with both velocity-tools 1.1 and
the dev souces.

Shinobu Kawai wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>

>>I have just started playing with velocity and struts.
>>
>>But got a problem with the setAction in strutslinktool. Every time I try
>>to use it just fills in blanks. That be in a link or in a form. Just BLANK.
>>
>>I can use the  setForward just fin.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>

> Which versions of Struts/VelocityTools are you using?  For Struts 1.2,
> you need VelocityTools 1.2, which is still under development.
>    http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/velocity-tools/
>
> Best regards,
> -- Shinobu
>
> --
> Shinobu Kawai <[hidden email]>

Re: can't get the strutslinktool to work.

manish-10
Use -
 <form action="$link.setAction("DBafdslet")">

provided you have configured action "DBafdslet" properly in your
struts-config

HTH,
- Manish