Quantcast

$link

Philippe de Rochambeau
Hi,

how do you access $link in velocity templates?

I have access to $math, but not link.

Many thanks.

Philippe

Re: $link

Mike Kienenberger
Add "link" to your velocity toolbox.xml file.

If you search for "<key>math</key>", you should be able to find the
file and then add a new entry for "link"

See LinkTool.html for more information specific to link.

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/view/LinkTool.html

See config.html for general information on tool configuration.

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/releases/2.0/config.html

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:59 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how do you access $link in velocity templates?
>
> I have access to $math, but not link.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Philippe

Re: $link

Philippe de Rochambeau
Hi,

I am using the SOLR version of Velocity, running in Tomcat, which doesn't seem to have a toolbox.xml file. I have manually created such a file, and added it to

...apache-tomcat-8.0.15/webapps/solr/WEB-INF

but to no avail.

Philippe

Add "link" to your velocity toolbox.xml file.

If you search for "<key>math</key>", you should be able to find the
file and then add a new entry for "link"

See LinkTool.html for more information specific to link.

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/view/LinkTool.html

See config.html for general information on tool configuration.

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/releases/2.0/config.html

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:59 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how do you access $link in velocity templates?
>
> I have access to $math, but not link.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Philippe

RE: $link

Logan Stinger
SOLR uses response writers to convert a SOLR response in to the desired output format.  There are various response writers you can use right out of the box and you can control which one is used via command line parameters or via solrconfig.xml file.  Ie. wt=xml, wt=json, wt=velocity
The VelocityResponseWriter class has a hard coded list of tools that it injects in to the context.  I don't know what version of velocity you are using but the link below is the source of the VelocityResponseWriter for version 3.5.  I'm sure later versions of this class are similar.  I have a custom version of this class in my project that only injects the tools I use/need.

http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.solr/solr-velocity/3.5.0/org/apache/solr/response/VelocityResponseWriter.java

Add "link" to your velocity toolbox.xml file.

If you search for "<key>math</key>", you should be able to find the file and then add a new entry for "link"

See LinkTool.html for more information specific to link.

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/view/LinkTool.html

See config.html for general information on tool configuration.

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/releases/2.0/config.html

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:59 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how do you access $link in velocity templates?
>
> I have access to $math, but not link.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Philippe

Re: $link

Erik Hatcher-4
I love how the Velocity list e-mails end up being about Solr ;)

Here are the tools that (Solr 5, a little bit different that previous Solr versions) has these tools:

context.put("esc", new EscapeTool());
context.put("date", new ComparisonDateTool());
context.put("list", new ListTool());
context.put("math", new MathTool());
context.put("number", new NumberTool());
context.put("sort", new SortTool());
context.put("display", new DisplayTool());
context.put("resource", new SolrVelocityResourceTool(
    request.getCore().getSolrConfig().getResourceLoader().getClassLoader(),
    request.getParams().get(LOCALE)));

LinkTool is not wired in.   There isn’t really a way to add new tools into the mix without plugging in a new response writer based on Solr’s VelocityResponseWriter (VrW) or overwriting the built-in one.  But you probably don’t really need $link, do you?

There’s the $esc tool that allows for URL escaping.  It’s used to $esc.html() and $esc.url() in the example templates.

Happy to help work through this, and even add the LinkTool if you feel it’d be helpful (or work through a way to make tools pluggable in VrW).

    Erik (author/maintainer of VrW)

Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect
http://www.lucidworks.com

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 9:40 AM, Logan Stinger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> SOLR uses response writers to convert a SOLR response in to the desired output format.  There are various response writers you can use right out of the box and you can control which one is used via command line parameters or via solrconfig.xml file.  Ie. wt=xml, wt=json, wt=velocity
> The VelocityResponseWriter class has a hard coded list of tools that it injects in to the context.  I don't know what version of velocity you are using but the link below is the source of the VelocityResponseWriter for version 3.5.  I'm sure later versions of this class are similar.  I have a custom version of this class in my project that only injects the tools I use/need.
>
> http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.solr/solr-velocity/3.5.0/org/apache/solr/response/VelocityResponseWriter.java

Re: $link

Philippe de Rochambeau
Hi Erik,

thanks for the pointers.

I ended up using a combination of Java String methods and $esc.url().

Philippe

I love how the Velocity list e-mails end up being about Solr ;)

Here are the tools that (Solr 5, a little bit different that previous Solr versions) has these tools:

context.put("esc", new EscapeTool());
context.put("date", new ComparisonDateTool());
context.put("list", new ListTool());
context.put("math", new MathTool());
context.put("number", new NumberTool());
context.put("sort", new SortTool());
context.put("display", new DisplayTool());
context.put("resource", new SolrVelocityResourceTool(
    request.getCore().getSolrConfig().getResourceLoader().getClassLoader(),
    request.getParams().get(LOCALE)));

LinkTool is not wired in.   There isn’t really a way to add new tools into the mix without plugging in a new response writer based on Solr’s VelocityResponseWriter (VrW) or overwriting the built-in one.  But you probably don’t really need $link, do you?

There’s the $esc tool that allows for URL escaping.  It’s used to $esc.html() and $esc.url() in the example templates.

Happy to help work through this, and even add the LinkTool if you feel it’d be helpful (or work through a way to make tools pluggable in VrW).

    Erik (author/maintainer of VrW)

Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect
http://www.lucidworks.com

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 9:40 AM, Logan Stinger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> SOLR uses response writers to convert a SOLR response in to the desired output format.  There are various response writers you can use right out of the box and you can control which one is used via command line parameters or via solrconfig.xml file.  Ie. wt=xml, wt=json, wt=velocity
> The VelocityResponseWriter class has a hard coded list of tools that it injects in to the context.  I don't know what version of velocity you are using but the link below is the source of the VelocityResponseWriter for version 3.5.  I'm sure later versions of this class are similar.  I have a custom version of this class in my project that only injects the tools I use/need.
>
> http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.solr/solr-velocity/3.5.0/org/apache/solr/response/VelocityResponseWriter.java

Re: $link

Erik Hatcher-4
If you could show me what you’ve done, I’d be happy to adjust VrW to better suit your needs if that makes sense.

Feedback welcome!

Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect
http://www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:16 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi Erik,
>
> thanks for the pointers.
>
> I ended up using a combination of Java String methods and $esc.url().
>
> Philippe

Re: $link

Philippe de Rochambeau
Here's the code:

-----------------

## e.g., apdf0 in /apdf0/189311/28/003_E_PDF.pdf
#set($pdf_dir_v = $list.get($doc.getFirstValue('url').split("/"),1))

## e.g., 189311
#set($pdf_year_mon_v = $list.get($doc.getFirstValue('url').split("/"),2))

## e.g., 28
#set($pdf_day_v = $list.get($doc.getFirstValue('url').split("/"),3))

## e.g., 003_E_PDF.pdf
#set($pdf_name_v= $list.get($doc.getFirstValue('url').split("/"),4))

## Generated URL example: http://abc.com:8983/inytapdf0/pdfjs/web/viewer.html?file=../../189009/01/002_E_PDF.pdf#tv=the%20man
#if ($params.q and $pdf_dir_v and $pdf_year_mon_v and $pdf_day_v and $pdf_name_v)

        ##set ( $paramsQ = $params.q )
        ## Remove double quotes
        #set ( $temp0 = $params.q.replaceAll("\"", "") )
        ##temp0 : $temp0

        #set ($andIndex = $temp0.indexOf("AND"))
        #if ($andIndex >= 0)
                ## eg. "time" in example above
                #set ($temp2 = $temp0.substring(0, $andIndex))
        #else
                #set ($temp2 = $temp0)
        #end
        ##1) temp2 = $temp2

        #set ($orIndex = $temp0.indexOf("OR"))
        #if ($orIndex >= 0)
                ## eg. "time" in example above
                #set ($temp2 = $temp0.substring(0, $orIndex))
        #else
                #set ($temp2 = $temp0)
        #end
        ##2) temp2 = $temp2

        #if ($temp2 and $temp2.length() > 0)
                ##3) temp2 = '$temp2'
                #set( $viewer_js_url = "/${pdf_dir_v}/pdfjs/web/viewer.html?file=../../${pdf_year_mon_v}/${pdf_day_v}/${pdf_name_v}#tv=${temp2}" )
        #else
                ## If the user didn't select a search criteria (q), let him view PDF anyway

---------------

If you could show me what you’ve done, I’d be happy to adjust VrW to better suit your needs if that makes sense.

Feedback welcome!

Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect
http://www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:16 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi Erik,
>
> thanks for the pointers.
>
> I ended up using a combination of Java String methods and $esc.url().
>
> Philippe

Re: $link

Erik Hatcher-4
I don’t see any $esc() usage below, so looks like I’m missing the full picture.

However, seeing how you’re splitting off pieces of the “url” field in the results display, maybe it’d make sense to script that piecing out of the url at index time instead into separate fields (month, day, year) or in some way massage the incoming data to be what you need in the results?

        Erik

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:25 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Here's the code:
>
> -----------------
>

> ## e.g., apdf0 in /apdf0/189311/28/003_E_PDF.pdf
> #set($pdf_dir_v = $list.get($doc.getFirstValue('url').split("/"),1))
>
> ## e.g., 189311
> #set($pdf_year_mon_v = $list.get($doc.getFirstValue('url').split("/"),2))
>
> ## e.g., 28
> #set($pdf_day_v = $list.get($doc.getFirstValue('url').split("/"),3))
>
> ## e.g., 003_E_PDF.pdf
> #set($pdf_name_v= $list.get($doc.getFirstValue('url').split("/"),4))
>
> ## Generated URL example: http://abc.com:8983/inytapdf0/pdfjs/web/viewer.html?file=../../189009/01/002_E_PDF.pdf#tv=the%20man <http://abc.com:8983/inytapdf0/pdfjs/web/viewer.html?file=../../189009/01/002_E_PDF.pdf#tv=the%20man>
> #if ($params.q and $pdf_dir_v and $pdf_year_mon_v and $pdf_day_v and $pdf_name_v)
>
> ##set ( $paramsQ = $params.q )
> ## Remove double quotes
> #set ( $temp0 = $params.q.replaceAll("\"", "") )
> ##temp0 : $temp0
>
> #set ($andIndex = $temp0.indexOf("AND"))
> #if ($andIndex >= 0)
> ## eg. "time" in example above
> #set ($temp2 = $temp0.substring(0, $andIndex))
> #else
> #set ($temp2 = $temp0)
> #end
> ##1) temp2 = $temp2
>
> #set ($orIndex = $temp0.indexOf("OR"))
> #if ($orIndex >= 0)
> ## eg. "time" in example above
> #set ($temp2 = $temp0.substring(0, $orIndex))
> #else
> #set ($temp2 = $temp0)
> #end
> ##2) temp2 = $temp2
>
> #if ($temp2 and $temp2.length() > 0)
> ##3) temp2 = '$temp2'
> #set( $viewer_js_url = "/${pdf_dir_v}/pdfjs/web/viewer.html?file=../../${pdf_year_mon_v}/${pdf_day_v}/${pdf_name_v}#tv=${temp2}" )
> #else
> ## If the user didn't select a search criteria (q), let him view PDF anyway
> #set( $viewer_js_url = "/${pdf_dir_v}/pdfjs/web/viewer.html?file=../../${pdf_year_mon_v}/${pdf_day_v}/${pdf_name_v}" )
> #end
>
> #end

Re: $link

Philippe de Rochambeau

You don’t see any $esc.url() because unescaped URLs, such as the one below (notice the lack of %20 between ‘the’  and ‘man’) work fine, as far as I am concerned.

I do have ‘year’, ‘month’ and ‘day’ fields, but I find it simpler to split the URL rather than padding the day and the month with a zero whenever they are less than 10.

I could perhaps use $display.printf to pad the day and month, but unfortunately, the Display Tool is not available in SOLR 4.9, as far as I know.

Cheers,

Philippe