release is ready

Claude Brisson-2
The maven artefact has been publish, the release is visible on apache
mirrors, and the website now shows engine 2.0 documentation.

I think the release is ready to be announced on the users list (and
other channels?).

Can some of you please check that I didn't forget anything important and
that links are correctly working?

Thanks.

   Claude

RE: release is ready

Matej Spiller Muys
Great job.
I have two questions.

We depend also on velocity tools and was not released together with velocity 2.0.
What is the estimated release for velocity tools 3.0?

Spring deprecated the support for velocity giving upstream projects the responsibility for integration with Spring.
Is there any plan regarding taking over spring support? Existing solution (Spring 4.3) no longer works using velocity 2.0.
Something similar to the way thymeleaf is doing it currently. Bonus could be support for spring boot in a form of spring-boot-starter-velocity.

Is it possible/acceptable to take the existing code from Spring and drop it into Velocity (Tools?) and adding support for 2.0?
I can prepare the initial library for 2.0 since I have already changed it a bit to accomodate for 2.0 changes (without spring boot autoconfig).
Licenses are both Apache 2.0. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Matej

Matej Spiller Muys
Razvojni arhitekt/Software Architect
_________________________________
E: [hidden email]
T: +386 1 2003340
[pager]
Halcom d.d.
Tržaška cesta 118,
1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.halcom.si
_________________________________

The maven artefact has been publish, the release is visible on apache mirrors, and the website now shows engine 2.0 documentation.

I think the release is ready to be announced on the users list (and other channels?).

Can some of you please check that I didn't forget anything important and that links are correctly working?

Thanks.

   Claude

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by E.F.A. Project, and is believed to be clean.

http://efa1.halcom.si/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=E1FF6102182.AEBC1&token=4d9a96d3ea801ca27f6e153471884bca

Re: release is ready

Claude Brisson-2
The 3.0 release of the tools is on its way, I hope to push an RC out
within the month. A velocity-tools-spring subproject in the tools would
of course be most welcome, especially after Spring dropped support for
Velocity. If it doesn't make it for 3.0, it can appear in 3.1 (but if
it's more of a migration from Spring to Velocity, and if you already
have handled the upgrade, it can be rather quick, I guess).

So your contributions are most welcome.

   Claude

On 07/08/2017 08:25, Matej Spiller Muys wrote:

> Great job.
> I have two questions.
>
> We depend also on velocity tools and was not released together with velocity 2.0.
> What is the estimated release for velocity tools 3.0?
>
> Spring deprecated the support for velocity giving upstream projects the responsibility for integration with Spring.
> Is there any plan regarding taking over spring support? Existing solution (Spring 4.3) no longer works using velocity 2.0.
> Something similar to the way thymeleaf is doing it currently. Bonus could be support for spring boot in a form of spring-boot-starter-velocity.
>
> Is it possible/acceptable to take the existing code from Spring and drop it into Velocity (Tools?) and adding support for 2.0?
> I can prepare the initial library for 2.0 since I have already changed it a bit to accomodate for 2.0 changes (without spring boot autoconfig).
> Licenses are both Apache 2.0. Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Matej
>

> Matej Spiller Muys
> Razvojni arhitekt/Software Architect
> _________________________________
> E: [hidden email]
> T: +386 1 2003340
> [pager]
> Halcom d.d.
> Tržaška cesta 118,
> 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija
> www.halcom.si
> _________________________________

Nathan Bubna
The links all look good to me, nor can i think of anything missing at this
point.

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Claude Brisson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The maven artefact has been publish, the release is visible on apache
> mirrors, and the website now shows engine 2.0 documentation.
>
> I think the release is ready to be announced on the users list (and other
> channels?).
>
> Can some of you please check that I didn't forget anything important and
> that links are correctly working?
>
> Thanks.
>
>   Claude

Re: release is ready

Alex Fedotov
Maven repo does not seem to show 2.0 for the overall velocity jar:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/velocity/velocity/

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Claude Brisson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The maven artefact has been publish, the release is visible on apache
> mirrors, and the website now shows engine 2.0 documentation.
>
> I think the release is ready to be announced on the users list (and other
> channels?).
>
> Can some of you please check that I didn't forget anything important and
> that links are correctly working?
>
> Thanks.
>
>   Claude

Re: release is ready

Nathan Bubna
It's here:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/velocity/velocity-engine-core/2.0/

But we should probably mention the new maven path in the upgrading docs.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Alex Fedotov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maven repo does not seem to show 2.0 for the overall velocity jar:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/velocity/velocity/
>
> On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Claude Brisson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > The maven artefact has been publish, the release is visible on apache
> > mirrors, and the website now shows engine 2.0 documentation.
> >
> > I think the release is ready to be announced on the users list (and other
> > channels?).
> >
> > Can some of you please check that I didn't forget anything important and
> > that links are correctly working?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >   Claude

Re: release is ready